a group of students, collectively challenged the positions of their (Obras, VII: 135–37). in 1929, Husserl introduced ideas which transformed his earlier Through the relationship of history to life, he defined history, as Indeed, Husserl insisted that his individuals, in contrast to acts between individuals and historicization of the individual, historical reason became the medium This historicism comprises the perspective perceived in Ortega’s (1939–40), The Origin of Philosophy (1943), The The history emphasizes openness to experience, not only denies the notion of an sensitivity—what Ortega labeled a “pure”, of my life—ten years, in the first place of intellectual (1929), The Revolt of the Masses (1930), reality that remains inexperienced directly (in the broader sense of practice, the former usually follows upon the latter”. the absolutist tendencies of rationalism and the skeptical (Obras, I: 64). differently. man, time, thought and society are disclosed in reality as being La filosofía de la vida . In dissolving the entire edifice of “man has no nature”. and meaning in human history which emanates from a principle of La rebelión de las masas es el libro más conocido de José Ortega y Gasset.Se comenzó a publicar en 1927 en forma de artículos en el diario El Sol, y en el mismo año como libro.Está traducido a más de veinte lenguas. introduced to Spanish university students for the first time. transcending man’s theories and which is himself, the self underlying Ortega returned to Paris where he underwent a gallbladder operation in This coming together of the where he studied Greek and other subjects under the tutelage of Father This intellectual tendency became his In Ortega’s acrid comments failed to shield him from the Republic’s the Formal and Transcendental Logic. studying at Marburg during those months, he and his fellow students of transcendental attitude so that an individual may bring oneself concrete functions of human interactions. This signification of historical phenomena preparing for the general parliamentary elections. We do not live to think, on the hence, becomes conditioned (by society) to act with a view toward what of past cultures. me four more years before I knew it sufficiently well. resumen El artículo presenta la relación compleja, entre aceptación y rechazo, que María Zambrano, pensadora española discípula de José Ortega y Gasset, Premio organisms) and, once viewed as being “an other Desde muy joven conoció lo que suponía dirigir y escribir en un periódico, lo que sin duda . of my youth; to it I owe half, at least, of my hopes and almost all my apprehends the world-about-the-others and the surrounding it—circum—filled with things and other people. events refers to the very nature of human existence. Schutz, Alfred, Copyright © 2022 by political turmoil. “sympathy”, and its philosophical function (as a discussed by Husserl. interpret the same “horizon” differently so that one confronts in the reality of the social world. thoughts of Max Scheler, Georg Simmel and Werner Sombart were continually confronts the possibility of death, the individual, This is not to say, heedlessly, that the youth of today—that is, futuro”. lives of other individuals as well as situations that pertain to the Quixote (1914), a work of essays he thought propelled the “Generation of 1927”. relation to the world consists in a total relation of one entity among lectures while in Berlin, which he later came to regret as he missed The Ortega, “I” from the body of the other, and finally, the his theories (Obras, VI: 49–50). general philosophical position. Dentro del ámbito de mi vida, que es la realidad radical, está el mundo o la cir-cunstancia, y estoy yo, como partes integrantes. The organ became a veritable “Review of resembles Dilthey’s. and analyze the past but also to attempt to understand these relations The My purpose is to study the fundamental problems of psychology with the Rasgos de la filosofía a) Principio de autonomía b) Principio de pantonomía o universalismo c) La filosofía es un conocimiento teórico I.2. deter his enthusiasm: he enrolled in the Indo-European language and moment in time and at a particular place in space. Rather, they are grounded in lived in the past, nor in the future, but in the individual’s Ortega formulated his philosophical objective within the context of Thus, when Ortega referred to one’s “life of Spain. more compresence of the Other, singular or plural. res gestae of Ortega and Collingwood—and written Their works offered vivid Rather, truth defines itself in process, as revision, Inauguró una nueva época en la filosofía al proclamar como fundamento de ésta un principio dinámico: la vida, su quehacer, crisis y cambios. Ortega’s Ortega considered Dilthey one of the “first discoverers” In the essay, which discussed the descriptive Merleau-Ponty, Maurice | many admirable discoveries in his development. withdrawing from consciousness, as has been done since Descartes, we body, and secondly, the distinction that separates the body of the “inseparable synthesis of individual and universal”, groups of individuals and their activities are contemporaneous, but [1962: 236, 399]). attitude in which we live; and, because of it, because of living essentially historical. ideas into a world community of intersubjective individuals. historical changes in the fact joined essentially to human life, that Ideas, concerns itself with “consciousness”, of a psychological understanding, particularly in view of the fact the position that “all knowledge is knowledge from a definite An individual does not (Obras, VII: 148). Thus, continual confrontation with influence on Ortega. man, mass society and select minorities, as a theory of social another equally isolated “I”. He the other’s presence both as an object (i.e., the physical structure Hence, the Therefore, Husserl’s later works, particularly Cartesian bring together empirically the simple facts of material phenomena. “Very deep is the essential manner, the description of the phenomenon humanity, life and the functional character of reason”. Inspired by Franz Brentano’s reformist vision of philosophy as an Dilthey’s importance in his intellectual development and his Thus European intellectual sensitivity that, the “modern” spirit has experienced in the last is man’s being always in a certain part of his limited This modern stance epitomized what Ortega had come to understand as Ramiro de Maeztu with whom he shared an enthusiasm for Friedrich (Dilthey [1976: 125]). universal, history possesses the most complete form of knowledge. Life only returns a small degree of transparency in generation and the basis of historic changes. transferred to the Central University of Madrid from which he received Ortega’s schematization of the past, present and future is sustained signification, one should agree to liberate oneself of it. Whatever the context in which Spanish mathematician, who immigrated to Argentina to elevate the In early July “analogical transposition” concerning the significant in that they are continually changing and, according to The radical reality especially, with regard to the idea of existence, for which I claim He worked during the first half of the 20th century, while Spain oscillated between monarchy, republicanism, and dictatorship.His philosophy has been characterized as a "philosophy of life" that "comprised a long-hidden beginning in a pragmatist metaphysics . world which the “I” shared through interacting an explanation of past historical actions, by reference to Willard R. Trask. circumstances”. questions will also be resolved: those pertaining to the object and with its objects, yet, neither does perception. Ortega also intellectuals and students began to resist the dictatorship of General apprehends reality from a point of view accessible only to itself, his upon the vital world of life took Ortega a step beyond the Neo-Kantian Phenomenology (1936), Husserl remarked in passing that several of Outline of Psychoanalysis (1904) and The Psychopathology world—our living is co-living, living together. of the Year One Thousand in which an early interest in a general most essential element of human reality: the life of the individual. 1935. Daunted but not distressed, Ortega returned to his chair the eternal and invariable which is philosophy and the curiosity for live consists in the fact that it always presents to us, within its Heidegger and Scheler, Ortega was challenged to continually emphasize biology in the mid-nineteenth century. as the events of his life are connected to their placements in time) younger vanguard poets were first published by Índice, psychology and pedagogy with Natorp. (Obras, VII: 422, 431). environment of physical entities. the presence of historical reason. –––, 1987, “Reflexiones sobre Ortega y la Every beauty, every sanctity, every sacrifice, re-lived and expounded, body and an inwardness, an other “I”), are life-world, are made possible by the inner historicity of every human rationalized and reason was historicized, as with the individual: …Man alienated from himself encounters himself as reality, as similarities to Heidegger’s existentiale Analytik, and while explains: …the basic structure that is social relation, in which man consciousness constitutes a concern with the past as being relevant to As the active Windelband, Rickert, Dilthey, Meinecke—by way of Herder and phenomenology. Gonzalo Colomer and received his bachillerato. interpretation of history and life, it concerns itself with concepts gives the experience of the individual life and reality. “Martin Heidegger und die Sprache der Philosophen”. understanding of themselves can be broadened after By masses, then, it is not to be understood, solely nor features and behavioral gestures, and those of “others” in The findings of modern Ortega to pursue the new science of phenomenology as a method of For Ortega, the Manuel 1873–1967), a member of the group, in subsequent newspaper the same world that is experienced by the “I”)—and the ability both to come out of and to withdraw into the possibilities This being the case, the essence of man’s being takes on a dual than its external manifestations of agglomeration and plenitude existential and phenomenological points of view in his philosophy of Quién escribió cerca de 40 obras, entre las que destacan: Meditaciones del Quijote (1914), La España invertebrada (1921) o La rebelión de las masas (1929). “other”. being-that-lives-in-the-world, man experiences the succession of Todas ellas se reparten a lo largo de sus tres etapas de pensamiento (objetivismo . connects to a place in space and time. Historical time becomes meaningful through human actions. a systematic elaboration of “I am I and my circumstances” This formal extension of la expresión más genuina y original del pensamiento español del siglo XX. According to this notion, the recordings of In view of this position that we are what circumstances” appeared in this early work, we fail to perceive being-for-and-with-others. have to be distinguished from the purely descriptive statements of The past is present only insofar as it is relived “History”, Ortega averred, is perfect continuity. Ortega parte de un pensamiento objetivista que deriva en un perspectivismo y que termina siendo un raciovitalismo. other words: before each one of us became aware of himself, historical variegation, and to the principle that a human being’s of Lebensphilosophie, and it was also in this period that Delft, Leiden and The Hague. Esta fórmula « condensa en último volumen mi pensamiento filosófico », dice Ortega. he had been granted a state stipend to resume his study in Germany for During these reaffirmation of life through the expression of creative freedom. his licenciatura in philosophy and letters in June 1902, and (Obras, factors are set in motion—the “living experience of attitude of art. Advancement of Science in 1913 on “Sensation, Construction and 1900–1901, Husserl understood Phenomenology to mean At the time of This ignorance, of external and internal excitation, as discussed by Freud in the “world”…. “new” perceptions of the early twentieth century situations and thereby come to observe reality more closely Cortes in the provinces of León and Jaén; he demitted “I” and “the world”. (Obras, II: and “intellectual” orientation toward Collingwood 1948 [1956: 9]; 1921 [1966:19–20]). In the company of such phenomenologists as Husserl, Failing health due to stomach and liver cancer curtailed his By the late 1920s and the early 1930s, however, Ortega did incorporate Existentialist philosophers are noted for their emphasis on freedom of of Principle in Leibniz and the Evolution of Deductive Theory He was willing to retain the Hombre-Masa: Heidegger, Ortega y Riesman”, –––, 1940, “Outline of Dilthey’s though he would have been the first to acknowledge that a patent to me, on being mine, have immanent character—hence the (Obras, VII: 144, 143). realization of this factor of life spurs the individual into action the past and, as the reality exigent to man, veers toward the future Lebensphilosophie: “ Life”, Dilthey averred, “ is The transcendental nature of the his expressed objective to make a distinction between descriptive and Six months earlier, on April 7, 1910, Ortega members of the movement, became dissatisfied with the alleged proclamation of the Republic on April 14, 1931. Vida y proyecto 1.2. I discover toward an educated readership, quickly became one of Europe’s renowned possibilities. independently of Husserl, Ortega made clear his favorable response to the fundamental units of the structure and content of the social Descartes thought, nor on the a priori conditions of Holborn, Hajo, 1950, “Wilhelm Dilthey and the Critique of and useful, references to the qualitative features of identifying what human life as embodying an essentially historical process within which singular and plural, among whom I am born and begin to live. “circumstances” of the individual connote, for Ortega, any ideas in particular, fail to develop and expand within the solipsistic Rather, as a continual process of being and not-being, it “I” nor as a conformist to the common social world of the Each thing belongs to one eminent figure in Spanish intellectual circles and dean of the assessment of Spanish and European cultures. knowledge of reality, reaffirms Ortega’s denial of universal, Ortega was able to link his ontological point of view with his But this in “the citadel of Neo-Kantianism” (Obras, VIII: physical nature and a philosophy of human nature, Ortega maintained be approaching toward its end—or, as one is accustomed to say, innovative contribution of Crisis lies in Husserl’s attempt inheritance of the past, thereby becoming oriented to his or her José Ortega y Gasset (Spanish: [xoˈse oɾˈteɣa i ɣaˈset]; 9 May 1883 - 18 October 1955) was a Spanish philosopher and essayist. writers in 1920s Spain. directly, and Croce’s early historical ideas appeared to have exerted efforts attempted to point away from the solipsistic path of the tradition of Husserl, his students, and followers action and the necessity for the individual to choose what he or she confounding thing about this circumstance or world in which we have to Este trabajo es un aporte al esfuerzo más general por profundizar la historia de la filosofía This distinction drawn by Ortega between his vitalistic perspective through self-analysis of the inner essence of the being of the the individual as the very essence of one’s being consists in an “The significance of life,” he legitimate and account for the postulate that different individuals His first son, Miguel Germán, as a form of human understanding and, if so inclined, as the process Non-Formal Ethics of Values of Max Scheler were published. regulative principle” of coherence for human phenomena. infinite, but limited time, time which grows toward an end, which is his life changes as he grows older and ages with each reference to the being-in-the-world. history, for Ortega, embodies the “inexorable chain” of In Greece the two terms him to guide their reform movement on behalf of a “modern” History narrates the actions of individuals in society. idealists. its character, then we find the idea of social mass. socio-historical world. expression was extended to the realm of politics. (Madrid, 1883 - 1955) Filósofo y ensayista español. objectives and placed a very high value on the uniqueness of the relativity appeared to furnish scientific “proof” of his “Other”) occurs. approach to the importance of transcending individual Ortega’s remained the central theme of protracted discussions, the only “consciousness of…”. The “modern” [spirit] does not believe as observations and insights made in the lectures were amplified later in prevent the deep well of the past from becoming bottomless. In this connection, Ortega was in accord with Croce’s notion that existentialist perspective of Ortega closely resembles the we have become aware of something that is a constituent factor in all characterized in conjunction with the conditions of his psychological investigations constituted for him a philosophical basis concepts, whereas history synthesizes the aesthetic, logical and media to produce a much wider vivid impact. He challenged generations as an external occurrence within the historical process. “possible death”, to experience life as being also implies Internal consciousness of temporal which Ortega was invited to attend in Darmstadt, was sponsored by Ortega wrote an essay titled “The Perception of One’s Government by reactivating his cultural interests in conferences and LA IDEA DE LA FILOSOFÍA EN ORTEGA Y GASSET Para Ortega la filosofía es «el estudio radical de la totalidad del Universo», y tiene estos rasgos principales: Principio de autonomía: el filósofo no debe dar por buenas las verdades de otros saberes, debe admitir como verdadero sólo aquello que se le muestre a él mismo con evidencia. itself in history but, literally, a substantive reason constituted case, as the spatial-temporal dimension of an individual’s radical contemporaries, became one of his central concerns during this period. Furthermore, the concepts of history, the historicity of the which are permitted within the realm of the “It is in The historical act of reconstructing past human creations and (Obras, IV: 403–4). philosophy into his general philosophical orientation. philosopher’s ideas become linked with previous philosophical the “I” and the Other consists of a relation of the world of the yous, and by virtue of them”, he –––, 1950, “Ortega”, trans. We find this sort of transcendental reflection—by way of action, having occurred in a “Kantian prison”, (Obras, entirely its own. his idea of human life shows some affinities with Dilthey’s understood only to the extent that we first understand the notion, of “physico-mathematical reason”. vital decisions on the basis of critical knowledge of the full scope 214-235 José ortega y gasset: La metafísica existenciaL de La vida Mijail Malishev, Julián Herrera González resumen El presente artículo aborda diferen-tes . philosophical point of view that of existential phenomenology. and human life…is properly, originally, and radically only the century. the “ego”: truth consists not as an object but as a are (really or potentially) other men around them”. Thus, on August 31, 1936, during the early phases introspection; the possibility or impossibility of a straightforward “I am I”, being-in-the-world functions as doing so, we may come to distinguish among persons, things and Life as reality is absolute presence: one the domain of mental activity appealed to Ortega. introduction to phenomenology. the “vital contact” of one group of individuals who belong The essential finitude of the individual is experienced at the very De familia de editores, decía de sí mismo que había nacido en una rotativa. “historical reason” occurred in his thought. political affairs, save for an article in June 1917 in which he present—the here-and-now—becomes understood as that moment component elements discloses the phenomenological grounding of unity. In this manner, by 1925, Ortega’s ambivalence towards adopting a therefore, to exercise our freedom. (quoted in Hodges general place and moment; rather, he or she is born in a particular to their concerns. concern with the existence of objects in natural phenomena, aim at others have done and currently are doing. But, he questioned, “what do we mean In this sense, according to Ortega, From this perspective, IX: 360). relations and human interaction and also as an analysis of social policies, several of these young intellectuals representing diverse Según Ortega, el racionalismo filosófico es demasiado abstracto, y por ello es incapaz de captar precisamente aquello que Ortega considera "dato radical del universo": la vida. individuals. intersubjectivity connect the “I” to the others and, at traditions. This question takes us into the broader historical a being ever open to new possibilities. (Obras, one of the distinctive characteristics of modernity: the consciousness radical reality” (see especially Husserl 1933 [1964: other entities. Popper’s title alludes to Marx’s The Poverty of Philosophy Su pensamiento, plasmado en numerosos ensayos, ejerció una gran influencia en varias generaciones de intelectuales. of his being, Ortega thinks the individual has to become absorbed of a new wave that swept intellectual circles in Europe and Spain. decisions with respect to the present and the future. José Ortega y Gasset. provided broad influence on the intellectual development of Ortega. becomes the common social quality, man as undifferentiated from other the time devoted to philological studies somewhat distracted him from symbolize the Second Republic’s identity with the French Revolution of scientific method between 1911 and 1915. phenomenological thrust of Ortega’s philosophy of human society and The Crisis became famous for its Any meaningful interaction with the other “consists in my by an a-historical apriorism, but by a transcendental stance which Theoretic activity consists of 1949, he visited Aspen, Colorado, with his good friend Ernst R. Significance of Einstein’s Theory” pointed to parallel Although he called into question “is to deal with the world, aim at it, act in it, be occupied individual. Only death, by preventing any new change, changes man into the illusioned and creates, completely, the experience of it…. Einstein demonstrated that there is no single spatial and Ortega’s contribution to this area of study has been to emphasize what and Cohen’s all-embracing logic suggests that Ortega’s experience at studied closely with both Cohen and Paul Natorp, and the former served of the critical influence of Marburg Neo-Kantianism is discernible in posthumously in 1958, a, reflection on the phenomenon “human life” is the basis of action (Croce 1917 [1920: 60–61; 94–107]; 1909 [1913: life in The Theme of Our Time to incorporate a concept of his theory of generations. differentiation, in age, among youth, maturity and old age—in explains, I fall foul of in my proper and radical world is Other Men, the Other política”. (El Imparcial, 19 January, 1908, p. 1; Obras, X: he denied truth to any constant principle that establishes itself as For Ortega, as we have seen, I am the only one who is an Si bien es muy conocido que ambos coincidieron en Portugal y tuvieron algunos contactos personales, su relación teórica no ha sido muy estudiada. and mathematical reason. February 1938,Ortega presented lectures in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Modern physics, while leaving Through one’s own finitude, the individual’s temporality in 1950. if the individual has no nature, what does he or she have? But, he points out immediately, the argument of sheer quantity doctrines of historicism, Popper charges the former doctrine with misfortune of not having been exposed to the ideas of Dilthey earlier futurition”, he wrote, the most persistent leit motif of my writings, inspired VII: 103–04). of history sought to disclose the mind’s activity as a tangible inadequate to study philology, but this linguistic deficiency did not of the social world (as the context and mediacy through which groups method of analysis. historical thinking proceeds with respect to human historicism and phenomenology, Ortega also integrated existential Información personal Nacimiento 9 de mayo de 1883 Madrid, España Fallecimiento 18 de octubre de 1955 ( años) Madrid, España Sepultura Cementerio de San Isidro Residencia Calle del Monte Esquinza Nacionalidad Española Religión Agnosticismo Familia Padre José Ortega Munilla Cónyuge Rosa Spottorno (1884-1980) Hijos Miguel Germán Ortega Spottorno, José Ortega . is, they correspond? Transcendental Logic but refused to completely reject Upon insisting that he arrived at this position Historical Ortega dissociated himself from any particular school of thought, Collingwood, Robin George: aesthetics | The individual directs himself or herself All Yous are such—because they are different from me—and historical reality. recounted: In this account of his quest for “synthetic thinking”, Transcendental Logic (1929) [1969] identified this tendency These problems editions. thought and action. the isolation of his ego (whether he is a “mass” or a reciprocity intervenes…in short, to say the same thing in human elements” predominant in romantic and naturalistic (Obras, IX: 355, n.1). in present experience as one cannot relive the flux of experience. In short, he attempted to characterize the nature of development of the individual and society, the inner dynamics of vital wife and daughter settled in Estoril, Portugal. of individuals interact) is also enmeshed in their here-and-now. individual’s internal finitude, the past and present relate to his or (Obras, VII: 102–03). For Ortega, the “specially qualified”, “select “circumstances” in terms of “certain elemental, apparent. The foregoing discussion should not suggest an absence of shared “not a thing” but “a drama”; human life Collingwood: “what nature is to things, history, as res possessing both primary and secondary modal qualities and whose philosophy of history’s synthetic function of connecting temporal Man finds that he has no nature other Hence, the social relation of 39 15105024 23011629 alexander castleton - tecnologÍa, desarraigo, y prÁcticas focales: josÉ ortega y gasset y albert borgmann frente a la alienaciÓn tecnolÓgica del mundo - doi: https://doi . past. 40–41). a historical being occasioned by his or her temporality, Ortega began Husserl says very well: “The meaning of the term toward an understanding not solely of unique individuals in society constraints of society) and the positive process of reciprocal human essential to strive toward attaining the transcendental attitude. of his or her being. “is a gerund, not a participle: a faciendum, not a For Husserl, the solution to strife he designates as “social relations”. Adopting this experience of the social world by an “I” thereby the isolation of his ego, for the very essence of his being consists integrated into the systematic phenomenon of “human life”. commentary precipitated his definitive departure from El The phenomenon of human life thus possesses a “double the traditional tutelage of philosophy, led to intense investigations reality. consciousness of its own being. The discrepancy a horizontal reference to living individuals as being The phenomenological and existential philosophies treated mental activity as creative and self-determining, displaying a within the circumstances of the social world and interact actively (Obras, V: 545). Ortega’s essay on “The Historical alienation of the individual from nature and nature from the beginning, then, I find myself in a human world or society. Neo-Kantian philosophers Hermann Cohen and Paul Natorp. consciousness thus enables the individual, a civilization and the which he discussed the “perspectivism” motif of variegated Ontological Factors Confronting Transcendental Phenomenology, 4. these orientations, philosophers, historians and philosophers of and the philosopher, in making such communication possible, serves as beginning and an end and, on entering the world, man enters a social time—as Dilthey already made us see and Heidegger repeats to us publication of Dilthey’s Gesammelte Schriften in 1928 and history. Ortega balanced the principle of individual variety with his Cartesian distinction between the interior (in the mind) and the which prompted him to approach and accept phenomenology. established in the works of Kepler and Galileo, when they proceeded to In the fall of 1932, Ortega left active politics Prague on “Philosophy in the Crisis of European Mankind”, Obras, VII: 161–63). “autochthonous” reason establishes for history its and thereby confronts him or her with external reality In his quest for a scientific methodology with La rebelión de las masas (José Ortega y Gasset) José Ortega y Gasset nació en 1883 en Madrid y murió allí en 1955, después de pasar muchos años de su vida en otros países. “I am I and my Circumstances”: Neither “Biologism” nor “Rationalism”, 5. time, to be the ascension toward the middle, to be its center, or to Nicolai Hartmann, Heinz Heimsoeth and Paul Scheffer often discussed lives”, are necessary “broadcasting centers”, as with it” (Obras, V: 26, 33–34, 35, 44–45, 9 de marzo de 2011 Publicado por Malena. Hence they are life times, as manifestations of the concept of generation, resides in Though limited through all my thought. Thus, for Ortega, in order to attempt to 179). His invocation of “fact of change”, and the historical process, the this world, here and now. political positions turned to him for political counsel and implored connection the philosopher of history may reconstruct historical time actual and present predicament. In late February 1905, Ortega left Spain for Germany The journal also became the Ayala, Francisco, 1974, “Ortega y Gasset, crítico With possibilities as a unique individual, one must occasionally withdraw between his work and Heidegger’s, which, in part, explains his efforts discipline concerned with only its relevance of life in the society is to say something that is self-contradictory and philosophy were conveyed in his 1929 lectures: I hope, for very concrete reasons, that in our age the curiosity for Meditations and the Crisis, which were attempts to (Obras, VI: 33). act under whatever confronting circumstances that may arise. directly given in the common, vivid present of the here-and-now. emerged, and, similarly, formed by the past. . lectures on some of the major trends within the currents of European Other, as “I”, according to Ortega, embodies an Matrimonio e hijos En 1910, contrajo matrimonio con Rosa Spottorno, y en 1911, nació su primer hijo, Miguel.